View My Stats

Friday, April 9, 2010

Ads/CRT (Not to be confused with Ads/CFT)

Ads on TV can range from irritating to the ridiculous. A case in point being the Snuggly ad:


Do I need say how many Spoofs of this ad you can get among the related videos on youtube?!!!
But sometimes I find them useful in a way the sponsors hardly intend them to be.
They have over the years often introduced me to some of the bands I hear most!!!
This blog is prompted by a very recent discovery of a band called "The Heavy" through the Kia Motors Ad for Sorento.
The catchy background score got me searching for it as it must have many others who had searched for it before me on youtube:


Check out Set me Free and Colleen from the same guys.

Sometime ago through a Lincoln Car Ad I came to know about the "Under the Milky Way Tonight" by Church.

It's a pretty good track except it gets me queasy when she says exactly what the title says "under the milky way".....makes me feel the earth dropped out of it's place in the saucer's plane!!!
Lest you think I run off in search of western tracks only, here's a piece that adult swim plays in the background of it's program schedule.It's a groovy mystic Asian(Indian Sounding) piece:


Another piece that plays against the ad for Sony Bravia is a soothing acoustic piece by Jose Gonzalez:

Once it so happened that I already knew the track that was playing in the background!!!(Of the very few things I know before I am supposed to know.)It was a HTC phone ad.The track being Sinnerman by Nina Simone that I had researched for after watching The Thomas Crown Affair.I find the piece unbelievably exhilarating.

For an interesting discussion of the piece read here.

Finally,to come back to car ads there is this Audi Separation Offical Extended Version, that the creator of the piece says he had to create just cause there was so much enthusiasm for the part that played with the actual commercial.Here's the whole thing:


Having read this far I hope one is able to figure out what the Notation "Ads/CRT" stands for then!Go Figure:)

3 comments:

  1. Is this duality another aspect of much-touted (nowadays) Ads/TFT???

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he...."Ads/CRT"-Ads on Cathode Ray Tubes!!!BTW wat's the TFT?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW DQ... am surprised with your question!!!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TFT_LCD

    ReplyDelete