View My Stats

Friday, October 2, 2009

Turtles on Caltech Campus

This week was the first week of classes for me that I am taking at Caltech.
Almost within earshot of the classes where Sergei Gukov teaches Elementary Particle theory, John Schwarz teaches String theory and Hiroshi Ooguri teaches Topological Quantum Field theory, are these :


I suspect some of the venerable ones(...the turtles I mean!!!) know more string theory than I do.Influence of all the people who must from time to time be spending time with them I guess. While Pasadena in the summer months can be sweltering, the areas to the North of the Physics department buildings have nice muddy pools shaded with a lot of shrubs and trees for them.


I have not seen them budge away from the poolside much....though with a little pull and shove they can may be make it to the campus cafe which should not be more than an hours journey (for them again...)....One reason might be the crowded foodcourt and the overpriced items, me thinks.

One thing that comes through very apparently is the unassuming air of the whole place.Obviously no effort has been made to make the place look more grandiose than it really is, or even as much as it really is....

References
1. This is here just to prove I did not forget it and serves no useful purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment