View My Stats

Friday, September 25, 2009

Off the Block....

Having typed and deleted my opening sentence thrice before settling upon the present , I now proceed with my catapult of verbiage.
Today and for days to come...I hope.
I start my Web-logs at the end of the first offical day of the 26'th year of my life.
This also happens to be the auspicious day of Maha-Ashtami , the middle and the most important day in the 3-day worship of Goddess Durga- The fiery(towards evil) but beautiful goddess of the Bengali people (Well yeah!!!predominantly) .
Today also is....No wait...I am no chronicler of the present or a custodian of the dates..... I am but a humble netizen trying to raise a flag of ownership on a tiny corner of the infinitude of content in a gigantic sea and since I am to be best described as a theological opportunist ,the covert supplication to the graceful goddess may be excused as another greedy attempt at undue fortune.
So Why did I have to write a blog?
There are 5 main reasons for such an action on my part:

1. I believe that a piece written from the heart has the power to move people and nations.
2. I believe my thoughts will resonate with a large number of people desiring a voice to call their own.
3. I believe that my take on music,film,sports,reports,theology,ethics, politics, economics and all other -ics will be well informed,researched and seminal.That it will represent original and unplagiarised articles on the same.(Note the absence of Science here:Being in Science myself I know better than to claim the same for it!)
4.I believe, all that I write will be useful,entertaining, true and politically and grammatically correct.
5. Finally, I believe in my own estimates whereby my blog would draw enough traffic(Adsense-$$$) in about a year to let me take up travel writing as a profession without worrying about money.

I wish I could tell you that I did believe in any of the above but if I do .....you would either think I am taking you for a ride longer than you would like to OR that I am a self righteous dreamer-both unwanted outcomes for me. And so it is that I declare that except for a nagging feeling to do something about my writing which has come to this decrepit state of petty prattle, I don't really have a reason to impose my thoughts on any of you.

I write for a faceless audience and I am not apologetic though I can imagine the furrows of exasperation on their cheeks.I have myself thought lowly,very lowly I must add, of some bloggers who have imposed themselves upon me and have flustered in lieu of the blogger-who should have flustered had he known my thoughts as a reader of his blog.But having outdone my quota of flusters I am not prone to fluster quite so easy anymore.

I shall write with the determination of an outcast poet and I know I have enough gall to carry me through. My posts shall bear no relationship to either previous commendation or condemnation.
I shall persevere in my nonchalance and avow to define a paradigm of unflappable prose and occasional poetry in the only two languages I manage to speak.

The only tangible benefit I can foresee now is that may be having a blog of my own can act as a credible deterrence against unsolicited requests for blog perusal.May be One(many....most...possibilities too!!!) suitably shoddy article in my arsenal would give my otherwise benign existence enough teeth to dissuade forceful friends from afflicting their abominations on me.

Yeah, I am one of them...The Cynics...you guessed it right.

But I think too much of cynicism could prove fatal to the future of the nascent blog....(hence change of tone intentional...)
All I hope to achieve, O thou, the patient One is to really track the erratic trajectory of my thought and hopefully be more regular at it than I am with the offline word file of my ramblings.
Amen!

P.S: My posts will always have references...for this one tis just
a) Dictionary.com :)

3 comments:

  1. Very nicely put..N ya the PS note was really helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YO DQ... I always had my suspicions about you taking up writing your own blog after me pestering you monthly to read my blogposts! And guess what??? They were confirmed today (better late than never!) especially by this line of your post: "The only tangible benefit I can foresee now is that may be having a blog of my own can dissuade forceful friends from afflicting their abominations on me."
    Well put, I'd say... And your reference was quite helpful!!! Also looking forward to the heart-healing, worldly-wise, entertaining-enlightenment ultimately eradicating your monetary worries...

    ReplyDelete
  3. By No means D da is that line a reference to you....although it did cross my mind while penning it that it could be construed as slander even by those whose blogs do not come under the same banner as being forcefully fed to me :)
    To be on record: your posts are not one that would make me unleash my arsenal.
    Rest in Peace :)

    ReplyDelete